Friday, August 10, 2012

Adidas Rock Stars Day 1


Today began the Qualification round of the Adidas Rock Stars bouldering competition that is being held inside the Porsche Arena, Stuttgart Germany.  I could not have asked for a better start to the competition, placing 12th with 3 out of 4 tops at the end of the round earning me a spot into the next round.  I came soooo close to sending that last boulder, eyeing the last hold for way too long before I eventually gassed out.  The boulders were all very unique and well set for a qualification round.  The biggest change that I noticed about these climbs versus American style boulders is that they pack the whole climb in about 4-6 moves. 

To train for this competition I took a rather different approach.  I felt as if I was having a hard time progressing with just climbing for training as I was lacking that explosive power needed.  So I decided to hit the work out gym for some heavy lifting.  I have experimented with some light lifting before with positive results but just never really stuck with it.  So far the results have been amazing as I felt the strongest that I have ever felt today in a long time for qualifiers, despite the fact that I have not touched a climbing hold in about 15 days lol. Even though I have added on some muscle mass I feel even lighter as my body is that much stronger.  If you have lack that explosive power I would suggest that you try lifting out along side climbing.

Anyways here are some shots from Qualifiers:  Click Here
 for all the shots!!











Once again a BIG Thanks to everyone who has donated to help send me to this event, without you all I would not be here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment